Total time: 17 hours
Clarissa and I met up this morning to interview Mrs. Yee, a kindergarten teacher at Skyline Elementary School. I was a little nervous because it was our first interview, so we didn't really know how to start or where to go. Luckily, Mrs. Yee was really accomodating and helped us a lot throughout the interview. While Clarissa asked questioned, I typed out the details of her journey and got a lot of the quotes that she said. She went into a lot of detail about her struggle, and a lot of the things she said were really inspiring. I felt that this was a good start to the interviews. Hopefully all of them are like this.
After the interview, we began with the photoshoot. We tried a few different spots around the classroom, but finally decided on using a messy background with art supplies strewn across and easel. We felt it characterizes Mrs. Yee's life as a kindergarten teacher and shows her bright personality. Clarissa's lighting is a lot simpler than Jason's and Andy's, and that's probably better since we're both amateur. It was pretty easy to work with. After Clarissa got in some shots, she let me use her camera and I got a few ones that I liked too.
Overall, this interview went really well, especially for our first one. I hope to work more with Mrs. Yee again.
No comments:
Post a Comment