Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Catch-22: Chapters 14 - 15

Like I said before, I'm about two-fifths into Catch-22, but the literary elements I read about in HTRLLAP are becoming a little more prevalent now.

At the end of Chapter 14, the speaker's diction switches from sarcastic/sardonic to something a little calmer with more imagery, though somewhat darker. There's also a small section detailing the four elements: fire, water, earth, and wind ("boiling"/heat; ocean, "earth-shattering," sky). I don't know what this means or how it heightens the story, but it was definitely interesting.

In Chapter 15, it begins to "snow" within the jet. It was fake, but definitely a profound image. The author even italicized the text to show emphasis. I'll read the section back again to see if I get anything out of it.

That's all I have for now. Catch-22 is definitely getting a lot more interesting, so hopefully it'll be a faster read now.

No comments:

Post a Comment