Total time: 2 hours
Just to catch up on what I've done so far with Senior Project...
Clarissa Yaw and I are working together to get mentored in photography and do some volunteer work with American Cancer Society at Relay for Life. Nick Fernando and Brendan O'Neill are doing graphic design. Together, we all plan to create a campaign to help fundraise and promote Relay. Mrs. Panosian approved working together, but advised that we all have to have different research papers and physical projects. That's fine with me. I think we can figure it out.
Today, I went with Clarissa to San Ramon to meet one of our mentors, Jason Lee. He works at home for AT&T, but is a wedding photography on the "side," but he actually thinks that his real job is as a photographer. He took his assistant along with him, and we walked up a small hill so that he could demonstrate some techniques with us. His equipment seemed pretty high-level, but he says it's a basic setup. I don't remember all of it, but it consists of a c-stand, a strobe, and a grid. We went over basic off-camera lighting and how to use shutter speed, aperture, and ISO in relation to the flash. It was all complicating since it was our first time hearing about all of it, but definitely informative and interesting. I think I have to be actually hands-on with the equipment to really get the hang of it.
Just to catch up on what I've done so far with Senior Project...
Clarissa Yaw and I are working together to get mentored in photography and do some volunteer work with American Cancer Society at Relay for Life. Nick Fernando and Brendan O'Neill are doing graphic design. Together, we all plan to create a campaign to help fundraise and promote Relay. Mrs. Panosian approved working together, but advised that we all have to have different research papers and physical projects. That's fine with me. I think we can figure it out.
Today, I went with Clarissa to San Ramon to meet one of our mentors, Jason Lee. He works at home for AT&T, but is a wedding photography on the "side," but he actually thinks that his real job is as a photographer. He took his assistant along with him, and we walked up a small hill so that he could demonstrate some techniques with us. His equipment seemed pretty high-level, but he says it's a basic setup. I don't remember all of it, but it consists of a c-stand, a strobe, and a grid. We went over basic off-camera lighting and how to use shutter speed, aperture, and ISO in relation to the flash. It was all complicating since it was our first time hearing about all of it, but definitely informative and interesting. I think I have to be actually hands-on with the equipment to really get the hang of it.
Jason is really busy, so it might be hard to meet up with him again (hence, two mentors), but he said that we can have a screen-sharing session so that he can show us some photo editing. I'm looking forward to working with him again.
No comments:
Post a Comment