Time spent: 6 (or 24) hours
Total time: 35 (or 53) hours
---
That's the end of the volunteering portion of my Senior Project, and I'm happy to say that I learned a lot more than I thought I would. Building our project from the ground up made me realize how creative the group and I were, and how hard-working and diligent all of us were to make a final product that we're all extremely proud of. Our mentoring obviously gave us some great insight on photography, editing, and technological skills, but the best part of this Senior Project for me was interviewing all of the survivors. Their journeys are all really inspiring and taught me a lot about how to just live my life. I especially enjoyed interviewing all of my teachers (Mrs. Yee, Mr. Arias, Mr. Jordan) because we got to know the personal sides of them, and it really made me appreciate their hard work and their contributions to the school and the community that much more. Not only did we learn some life lessons, but all of us expanded our interpersonal skills through the interviews, and Clarissa and I got to work on our writing from the biographies as well. All-in-all, it was just a good experience, and I have no regrets putting ourselves through all the hard work and stress.
No comments:
Post a Comment